For over 40 years, Abundance Canada has been helping people be generous. In 1974, the Mennonite Foundation of Canada was created to provide services to those who wanted to support their favourite charities. Its name was changed to Abundance Canada in 2016, but its goal continues to be to make charitable giving joyful and easy.
Abundance Canada envisions a world where everyone lives generously. It is a 100% donor-advised, faith-based charitable foundation committed to helping people live generouslybundance Canada provides a range of gift planning solutions to assist with charitable giving during one’s lifetime and through a person’s estate. Our Gift Planning Consultants provide personal consultations, lead seminars on gift and estate planning and facilitate a wide variety of complex charitable donations.
Since its inception, Abundance Canada has grown to become a foundation with over $220 million in assets under management. Amidst this growth, Abundance Canada continues to welcome all Canadians who wish to be generous. In 2017 it distributed $19.72 million to 1,133 charities on behalf of clients.
The Gift Planning Consultant develops customized gift planning strategies for generous people to facilitate their current and legacy giving. Responsibilities include:
- Implements strategies to identify individuals who want to be generous with their financial resources
- Develops and facilitates charitable giving plans that are highly customized to meet the charitable goals of those individuals
- Communicates and promotes the vision and values of Abundance Canada that educates, informs and moves people to action
- Develops relationships with professional advisors (wealth advisors, accountants and lawyers) and other key leaders and influencers in the community to further Abundance Canada’s mandate to facilitate generosity
- Invites support for Abundance Canada’s mission
- Territory includes: Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Office is based in Winnipeg with work from home options
Skills, Attributes & Experience:
- 5 + years of experience in leading and persuading others – ideally in fundraising management, sales, business development or consulting
- Excellent interpersonal skills including effective networking and listening skills
- Superb verbal, presentation, written and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable and appreciative of the wider Christian church community and related agencies
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active, take initiative, prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong business acumen
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Active in a local Christian church
- Ability to travel within Canada
- Strong network in major centres in Manitoba and/or Saskatchewan and surrounding communities
- Post-secondary education
This search is being conducted on behalf of Abundance Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
Please visit: http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=27. Select the ‘Apply to this Position’ button up top to upload your cover letter and resume by April 23, 2018.
For additional information please reach out to Clare McDowall at firstname.lastname@example.org at 1.866.647.5149. We request all applications to be submitted online only: this includes a cover letter and a resume for all submissions. For technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
March 20, 2018
Status: contract work, part-time only
Location: Winnipeg area
Reporting to: VP, Counselling & Care Ministries
Start Date: Negotiable, spring/summer 2018
Do you have a passion for thriving marriages? Helping people connect heart-to-heart and learning what is keeping them from this kind of marital relationship? Are you a skilled therapist desiring to do more for God’s Kingdom? Focus Canada is embarking on an exciting new venture in partnership with the Focus on the Family Marriage Institute and we need the right people to join us in this exciting opportunity!
We are looking for a Therapist willing to be trained to do marriage intensives in a proven model. We need people with a whole-hearted desire to contribute to the mission of Focus on the Family Canada. You should be a warm, kind, helpful, sensitive individual with a strong Christian faith expressed in daily life. Your counselling ministry must be Spirit-led. You must also enjoy working as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Participate in a thorough training program in Integrative Marital Intensive Therapy
- Provide therapy to couples in marriage intensives, individual or groups, as assigned
- Maintain clinical records as appropriate
- Liaise with other team members (site managers, registrars, other clinicians, coaches) as needed
- Participate in various clinical team projects and activities
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Follow all established protocols and policies
- Create written content for Focus Marriage publications such as newsletters, manuals and other resources
- Teach at enrichment workshops and conferences as scheduled
- Secure opportunities to represent Focus Marriage Institute at professional conventions and workshops
- Work closely with supervisor for coordination and prioritization of work assignments/priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel, especially during the training phase
- Other duties as assigned
As the ideal candidate, you have a minimum of a Master’s degree in counselling combined with at least 3-5 years of experience as a therapist. You must hold professional membership in a professional counselling association and carry liability insurance. You must be skilled at integrating psychology and theology and be able to apply Scripture appropriately in the therapy context. You have a keen understanding of the political, social and religious issues that impact the family.
Success in this position is dependent upon strong oral and written communication skills. The ability to be self-directed, self-motivated and steward time well is essential. Above all, you must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 22, 2018
This vital full-time, year-round, paid position is responsible to assist the Food Services Manager with the operation of all aspects of food service, focussing especially on food preparation, and including leadership of a food services team (there are two Cook/Food Team Leaders on the year-round staff team).
This team player is a ministry oriented, spiritually mature Christian with a deep love for children’s and youth ministry. You should have excellent organizational, communication and leadership abilities, and training and/or experience in food preparation, staff supervision, and the ability to delegate responsibly. Includes full benefits package.
About Camp Qwanoes
Qwanoes is a youth oriented, high adventure, innovative, Christ-centred camp seeking to love kids to life…helping them to discover, live and share life like no other in Christ. Qwanoes, a local First Nations name meaning ‘peace’ and also ‘new birth,’ is situated on 55 acres of magnificent scenic waterfront property on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. The heart of Qwanoes is a heart for kids and for Jesus Christ.
Since 1966 Qwanoes has provided an ideal setting for life-changing, fun-filled adventure. With summer camps, weekend retreats, leadership programs (including our 8-month Kaléo program in partnership with Briercrest), follow-up, Q-Town music, youth events, and guest group rentals throughout the year, Qwanoes enjoys the spirit of summer all year round!
Feb 22, 2018
Only some people get to REALLY change the world. And I bet you’re one of them—that’s why you’re looking for a job here.
Because this is no cushy desk job. Where we work, there’s persecution and fear. There’s dirt and grit and obstacles to fight against. All over the world, people are living without hope, without Jesus.
But you, world-changer, will see this as an opportunity! Because you’ll be leading some of the most dedicated people you’ll ever meet. You’ll bring light and hope and redemption to individuals, families, and entire communities. In fact, you’ll witness miracles nearly every working day.
Can you lead people?
Are you brave enough to embrace big, God-inspired dreams for what the future could be?
Can you build BOLD plans that challenge people—because they bring necessary change?
Do you have a travel bug and a love for different cultures?
Do you inspire crowds to care about what you care about?
This is a tough assignment. You’ll need to be tenacious, creative, and flexible. And most of all, you’ll need to be driven by passion. This is a high cost, high reward job—you’re going to see the lost come to Christ.
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an international organization of men and women who are passionate about sharing God’s Word. The ministry is transforming itself for growth and global impact. It continues to create innovative ways of reaching more people with the Word of God.
The Gideons International In Canada is a world-renowned organization established in 1911. For over 100 years it has been sharing the Word of God with the world.
The Director of Global Development is responsible for overseeing the Global Development team including leading, training and managing Regional Managers, and for developing and cultivating international partners and churches to help achieve our international ministry objectives.
Reports to: Vice President of Global Development
Direct Reports: 3
- Effectively coach, mentor, support and develop global Regional Managers, by providing ongoing constructive feedback, one-on-one updates, training, effective delegation, and operational planning
- 1. Lead regular and ad hoc staff meetings, devotions and key processes like budgeting and planning.
- 2. Provide opportunities for staff feedback to encourage employee engagement, including implementing timely plans to respond to identified needs.
- 3. Ensure effective stewardship and accountability of department resources, finances and people, consistent with annual operating plans, budgets and strategic plan.
- 4. Model clear two-way communication of organizational issues and goals to direct reports.
- 5. Identify and provide professional development opportunities for direct reports.
- 6. Encourage a culture of innovation and creativity.
- 7. Model Christian servant leadership to staff, active participation and leadership in devotions and the organization’s spiritual life.
- Build and manage operational plans and budgets that align with and support the objectives of the Global Development department. Manage and report on impact metrics that align with the organizational strategic plans.
- Manage, develop and cultivate existing international partners and new international partners to help achieve our international ministry objectives.
- Build and cultivate long-term relationship with churches, para-church organizations and other relevant partner organizations to help achieve our ministry objectives.
- Achieve targets for revenue and ministry, as outlined in the strategic plan through the development and maintenance of operational & tactical plans, including the “Engage A Nation” (EAN) strategy.
- Assist the Vice President of Global Development with the planning and execution of Major Donor vision visits.
- Develop resources for and facilitate training with local church partners and Regional Managers.
- Speak at churches and other relevant Christian events, to promote the ministry of TGIC | SWG.
- Successful track record as a relational manager and salesperson
- Excellent influencing and relationship building skills
- Possesses the necessary skills in order to maintain accountabilities, process information, make decisions, organize workload, resolve conflicts, delegate responsibilities, and solve problems
- Self-starter and able to work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Personable, friendly and donor-centric
- Experience of developing and implementation of operating plans
- Multi-linguistic is an asset
- 3-5 years experience in a sales or a Director role with a proven track record of success
- Experience in the multi-cultural or global market preferred
- BA degree required, Masters preferred
- Knowledge of ministry or non-profit sector is an asset
The Gideons International In Canada I ShareWord Global is an evangelical Christian ministry, dedicated to sharing the Word of God with the world. As a Christian evangelical ministry, candidates must be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ, identify with our Statement of Faith and the mission of The Gideons I ShareWord Global.
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits.
Applications: Interested applicants will submit a letter and resume to email@example.com
Term: Full time
Location: To be determined
The Development Officer will work in collaboration with the Executive Director to oversee the development of financial resources for the organization. This recently created position at Journey Home Community (JHC) will provide an exciting opportunity and challenge for a development-minded person to form and shape the fundraising direction for a growing social justice oriented ministry.
For the past 12 years JHC, a Christian, faith-based, non-profit organization based in Burnaby, BC, has provided housing, settlement assistance and relational care for some 500 refugee claimants from over 40 different nations who have arrived in Metro Vancouver.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop a plan for locating and recruiting donor partners
- Provide leadership for the organization’s social media communications and assist with promotion and publicity tasks including newsletter and other print media
- Previous fundraising experience and skill in developing new initiatives are necessary qualifications
- The role will require some evening and weekend work and travel throughout the Lower Mainland
Interested candidates may send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2018. Position will begin as soon as possible. A complete job description will be posted on JHC’s website soon.
Feb 19, 2018
PERMANENT PART-TIME SOLO PASTOR
(flexible 12 – 19 hours)
We are a well-established congregation of the CBWC with our own building in the multi-cultural neighborhood of Monterey Park, in northeast Calgary. Our small congregation of 50 want to be revitalized for growth and ideas to be more effective in our church and in our community.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership, spiritual guidance, and mentorship, ensuring that the church functions effectively as a Christian community.
- Preaching, teaching and shepherding
- Vision casting and planning
- Coordinating Sunday morning worship with Worship team
- Support of care ministry and outreach
- Provision of opportunities that will nurture spiritual life and invite others into a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Education: minimum of undergraduate training with further training in pastoral ministry preferred
- Ordained or open to ordination through Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC)
- Experience in pastoral ministry, preferably in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to lead with integrity, vision, flexibility, and commitment
- Demonstrated experience in leadership development
- Able to link Biblical truth with contemporary culture using effective and relevant methods
- Able to work effectively in a team setting
This is permanent part-time position, maximum 19 hours per week. Compensation is consistent with CBWC guidelines. Details to be negotiated.
We encourage candidates to complete a Ministry Information Profile (MIP) with the CBWC. The MIP can be downloaded at http://cbwc.ca/careers/pastors .
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Weekly pulpit fills are needed during the interim. A short biography would be appreciated, with contact information.
March 18, 2018
Teachers and Teaching staff
High School Principal (.5 FTE)/ HS Teacher (.5 FTE): British Columbia Christian Academy, Port Coquitlam, BC
Position Available: High School Principal (.5 FTE)/ HS Teacher (.5 FTE)
Potential Subjects: Humanities/ Sciences
Commencing: Feb. 2018
Note: School is moving into a building phase and job will move into a full-time admin. role in the next few years. An exciting opportunity for a person to grow with the school.
Requirements for the Position:
- Active follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in her/his church
- Candidates must be BC Certified Teachers (w/ valid certificate)
- Cover letter, resumé (with references), personal philosophy of Christian
- Education and statement of faith to email@example.com
- Only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Please check our website for more information at www.bcchristianacademy.ca
Deadline for Applications: Open until positions have been filled. If the ad is still posted, the position has not been filled.
Mr. Ian Jarvie – Head Principal
1019 Fernwood Ave.
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
604 941-8426 (224)
March 8, 2018